Feedback/Grievance Podcasting RSS
Audio Archives    News Archives    Text Archives    Feature Archives      हिंदी Facebook Twitter soundcloud

::Read Bulletins::
समाचार प्रभात
दोपहर समाचार
समाचार संध्या
  Regional & NSD Language BulletinsLANGUAGE BULLETINS
Assembly Elections 2017

    Click here to read text

Guidelines for coverage of Elections
Faq on GST


Prime Minister's National Relief Fund(PMNRF) and National Defence Fund(NDF)

All donations towards the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund(PMNRF) and the National Defence Fund(NDF) are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act,1961

Persons With Disabilities(Equal Opportunities,Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act,1995


Counting of votes for Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh assembly polls to be taken up today


The counting of votes for assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh will be taken up today. It will start at 8 AM and results are expected by noon. While in Gujarat, polling was held in two phases on December 9 and 14, Himachal Pradesh went to polls in a single phase on November 9.

In Gujarat, counting will be held at 37 centres amidst tight security. An average 68.41 per cent polling was recorded in the two-phase elections in the state. The total voter turnout this time has seen a dip of 2.91 per cent, as compared to the 2012 polls when 71.32 per cent polling was registered. 1,828 candidates were in the fray for a total of 182 seats. EVM polling data will be compared with VVPAT paper slips in one polling station of all 182 assembly constituencies. 33 control rooms have been set up and more than 30,000 personnel have been deployed to monitor the counting process.

The counting of votes will be held at 37 centres across the state's 33 districts amidst tight security. The much-awaited result of the assembly polls is expected to be clear by noon.

The political fate of a total of 1,828 candidates including CM Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitin Patel, senior Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil, young leaders Alpesh Thakore and Jignesh Mevani will be decided today. While the BJP is seeking a sixth straight term in office in the state, the Congress is aiming to stage a comeback in power after being in the opposition for over two decades. The results are expected to have a bearing on the 2019 parliamentary polls as well.

In Himachal Pradesh, the counting for all 68 assembly seats will be held at 42 centres. 2,820 officers including 940 micro-observers have been deployed for the purpose. The counting will be supervised by 68 returning officers, one for every constituency. Web-casting, videography and CCTVs will be used at all counting stations. One polling booth from each constituency will be selected by draw of lots for counting of VVPAT slips.

Three-tier security arrangements for the whole process have been made and there will be a total ban on mobiles phones at the counting stations.
The highest ever polling of 74.61 per cent was recorded in Himachal Pradesh in this assembly elections where women outnumbered men in the polling. There were 337 candidates in the fray including 19 women with BJP and Congress fielding candidates from all seats.

Listen News  
ارد و
Language bulletins
FM Gold

Listen Live   

FM Gold

AIR Urdu

Lok Ruchi Samachar


News-based Programmes
:: Daily Broadcast ::
Market Mantra Daily Broadcast ProgrammeMarket Mantra (17 Dec)
Samayiki Daily Broadcast ProgrammeSamayiki (17 Dec)
Sports Scan Daily Broadcast ProgrammeSports Scan (17 Dec)
Spotlight Daily Broadcast ProgrammeSpotlight/News Analysis (17 Dec)
:: Weekly Broadcast ::
Public Speak Weekly Broadcast ProgrammePublic Speak (11 Dec)
Country wide Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeCountry wide (7 Dec)
Surkhiyon mein Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeSurkhiyon mein (7 Dec)
Charcha Ka Vishai Hai Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeCharcha Ka Vishai Hai (13 Dec)
Vaad-Samvaad Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeVaad-Samvaad (12 Dec)
Money Talk Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeMoney Talk (12 Dec)
Current Affairs Weekly Broadcast ProgrammeCurrent Affairs (15 Dec)
Yearly Roundup

Write to Market Mantra

Akashwani Annual Awards

       Circulars       ;Guidelines

  MaxoC MinoC
Delhi 23.0 9.0
Mumbai 32.0 18.0
Chennai 30.0 25.0
Kolkata 27.0 14.0
Bengaluru 27.0 17.0
As On  
AIR News Android App  
Download for free  
What's New About Us Related Sites Regional Units Details Prasar Bharati
Tenders/ Circulars/
Citizens Charter Ministry of I & B RNU Prasar Bharati
RTI Replies Citizens Charter In Hindi Press Information Bureau NON RNU Prasar Bharati Policy
for Contractual Engagements
News Schedule News Services Division National Portal Of India Other Archives DD News
Vacancies News Policy for Broadcast Media
Contact Us
Site Maintained by: Website cell, IT Unit, NSD, All India Radio,
New Broadcasting House,New Delhi, India.
Website Policy